8 January 2021
Yieldbroker continues to operate at normal market hours. We actively monitor events closely, including advice from the government and the relevant health authorities.
The safety of Yieldbroker employees, clients and our service providers is paramount.
Re the current COVID-19 outbreak in NSW and specifically the Greater Sydney region, pleasingly the number of new cases continues to be low and are on a declining trend in recent weeks.
However, the current situation is being watched closely for any developments that may impact our business, staff members and the wider community. While we have eased some restrictions and permitted an increase in the number of staff in the office (now at a maximum of 30% of total staff numbers) we continue to maintain a cautious and conservative approach to our Business Continuity Plan.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we feel it is important to highlight the precautionary measures we have put in place to ensure all parties are safe, while continuing to maintain the normal operation of our markets and data businesses.
- We are focused on ensuring that our markets and clients are supported and that Yieldbroker continues to operate as normal, being a systematically important part of the financial market infrastructure.
- Due to having in place a robust Business Continuity Planning framework, we can manage numerous crisis scenarios, including pandemics. Our Leadership Group meets regularly to discuss developments.
- We are continuously reviewing our BCP and adjusting where necessary to respond to the changing environment.
- We are working closely with our industry regulator (ASIC) and other key industry stakeholders.
- Yieldbroker has identified several critical functions in business areas such as Business Development, Infrastructure, Market Operations and Software Development as part of our Business Continuity Planning.
- Yieldbroker has demonstrated since our BCP plan was invoked in March 2020 that we can successfully operate our electronic trading platform remotely.
- The small number of staff in these critical functions are currently operating from the Sydney and Singapore offices to ensure resiliency and redundancy and safeguard market and client-critical operations.
- Additional staff have been permitted to attend the offices to support the Yieldbroker business, with a maximum of 30% of overall employee numbers in the office each week.
- For those staff working on-site, we ensure that government and health authority guidelines are followed by reinforcing physical distancing (including movement inside the office premises), split teams, an increased focus on handwashing and hygiene and enhanced cleaning procedures.
- For all other staff, we have implemented mandatory remote work (i.e. working from home). Yieldbroker believes that this is an important step to ensure our employees and their communities remain safe and that we need to take a proactive role in containing COVID-19.
Travel and Visitor Restrictions
- As previously advised, all business-related air travel has been cancelled.
- Business critical visitors are permitted to attend the Yieldbroker office under strict protocols.
- Staff working on-site may travel on public transport and are required to undertake additional precautions while adhering to current government and health authority requirements.
We would like to reassure you that as an electronic trading system, Yieldbroker is fully capable of operating remotely and will continue to provide a trusted and consistent service.
In the event that a decision is made that having staff on-site is no longer viable, we have demonstrated that employees in all functions including Business Development, Infrastructure, Market Operations and Software Development are fully operational when working remotely to support our platform and client trading and data activities.
The Yieldbroker electronic trading platform has been operational for over 20 years and thus has an extensive data history. This is available from either Yieldbroker directly or via our partner Refinitiv to assist our clients with scenario analysis, valuation and compliance and other requirements. See data for more details.
Please direct all enquiries to our Helpdesk.
Phone (within Australia): 1800 220 550
International: +61 2 9994 2890
London Desk: +44 203 769 0355